Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Chicken in orange/plum sauce

By 'accident' I god a good deal at the local supermarket on chicken. Then my eyes fell on some beautiful plums and suddenly I was inspired to try something totally new. I knew I still had left over Marsala wine in the cabinet and chicken stock in the fridge at home. I had orange juice in the shopping cart and my thoughts started to form. All I actually needed was the chicken, sour cream and plum to make this meal.
Ingredients:
1 lb pounded chicken breasts
4 cloves of garlic
1 cup orange juice
1 cup of chicken stock
1 cup of Marsala wine
2 red plums
2 rosemary twigs
1 white onion
3 tsp butter
olive oil
salt and pepper
How to go about it:
Sear the chopped onion in the butter with the bruised rosemary twigs. Add the orange juice, Marsala wine and chicken stock. Let it boil down for 20 minutes and strain it. Let it boil down further with pieces of skinned pieces of plum until the sauce gets a creamy texture.
Heat up a skillet with olive oil. Peel the garlic cloves and cut them in half. Cook the chicken with the garlic cloves on the pan until done.
TIP: Serve this with half baked potatoes. Scrub and cut large potatoes in half lengthwise. Rub the surface with olive oil, salt & pepper and bake in the oven for 35 minutes. Make a cold sauce from sour cream, salt, pepper and paprika. If you have it add a bit of reduced balsamic on top.
DINNER – by Dad is served

2 comments:

  1. This had a great flavor! I must say i was fooled by his sour cream and reduced balsamic reduction dip for the potatoes and thought it was a dessert. He did tell me what it was before i "dug in" though. It was a great flavor to the potatoes. The chicken had a nice blend of flavors and just a tiny bit of tart to give it a punch. I would have this again.

    ReplyDelete